On the Friday of the yoga intensive, we had fun. I herded two young mums, who were away from their babies for the longest time since conception, off to three separate and wonderful gigs in little Talkeetna town. The first gig was a 'house concert' I'd heared about on the local grapevine. We arrived at the address to find a small cabin, full of people on fold-out chairs, a stage set-up, and a concert about to begin. A woman with a microphone up-front called out to us, 'Welcome! Make yourselves at home you three, there's beer in the fridge and some seats up the front here, and there's even a bed up here if you want to get really comfortable!' What a welcome. I was instantly sold on the house concert idea.

We got a beer from the fridge and squeezed our way to the bed, through the opening chords of the first of the three musicians, who took turns playing their songs, and occassionaly accompanying one another throughout the gig. Sitting right up front and cosy, I was amazed at our luck in stumbling across this community event that had brought muscicains from around America. The gig was being broadcast across the world, by way of direct streaming onto the internet www.wholwheatradio.com. Later, when I became friends with Ester and Jim, the creators of wholewheat, I learned what it was all about.

The creators of Wholewheat Radio - Ester and Jim. Quirky, warm, and creative. As all good people should be.
1 comment:
Thanks! You summed it all up very eloquently. See ya 'round town...
Post a Comment