Sunday, July 23, 2006

Left Juneau

Moon Lake, Past Tok, Road to Fairbanks, AK

I left Juneau. I went to Haines. I commenced the Roadtrip to Talkeetna with Melina. I went into Canada for the first time ever.

I'm anxious but relaxing.

The scenery...Boom. Changed utterly. No more magic inner passage. We're inland. Forest. Flat. Feels like I am in America all of a sudden. I have faint memories of Yellowstone National Park as a five year-old. There is a smell in the woods here that reminds me of Interlochen in Michigan, some plant here that was not in the woods of the Southeast of Alaska.

I am happy and excited on the first day of new travels. Hank Williams is keeping us company in the vulgar sound system of Melina's little red stationwagon.


Fresh dry air. Warm days. More like the dryness of home. I think I could stay here a lot longer.





The photogenic moose

No comments: